Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 7: Quotably Quotable

I love quotes. Mostly, because I can usually find someone else's words for something I can't say myself. There is usually a perfect quote for every situation.

I came upon my current favorite quote a couple of years ago. Through some random search of the Google. When I stumbled upon it, I can't say I thought about it too much. Just a fleeting thought of "that's so true", and I didn't think of it again until September of 2008. When my beloved grandmother passed away.

Even then, I didn't remember it right away. It wasn't until my phone rang while I was in Gram's apartment taking a few of her things as mementoes that Bill Cosby's words crossed my mind again.

The caller asked me what I was doing.

I don't think "pillaging Grandma's house" was the expected answer.

With that, I give you the quote that has since bolstered me through many many things.

Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it. ~ Bill Cosby



4 Thoughts on This:

Heather said...

Word.

Bratfink said...

Oh, my family LIVES this quote, although I'm not sure we were aware of it.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhh! I like that! :D

Tiff said...

So true...thanks. I really needed that one today.