Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 9: Embarrassing High School Moments...

Okay, so,  I kind of feel like all 4 years of high school were one big embarrassing moment. I can't really come up with one specific thing where I feel like I wanted to just crawl into a corner and hug myself.

I can think of two specific times where I remember thinking "Oh my crap, this is not okay..."

1) When auditioning for drum major senior year, I counted the tempo in 4/4 time, and didn't realize it was supposed to be 3/4 time until two bars later, and then I got so flustered, I made the room of 75 musicians playing The Star Spangled Banner mess up. And that's a hard song to mess up, because everyone knows it, and it's hard to lose your place.

Needless to say, I was NOT made drum major.

and

B) (Again, a band related incident.) Although I did NOT make drum major, I was named band captain, which meant I was a part of the group that would represent the band and accept whatever award we happened to win. At the time, I had waist length, super straight, incredibly big hair. When I would put my hat on for competitions, it took some pretty amazing feats to get all of the hair tucked into the hat. At one particular competition, I had put my hair into two messy buns, directly on top of my head. No one could see them, so it wasn't a hairdo I would normally sport in public.

Except, no one reminded me to take them down when it was time to go on stage. So I stood in front of a few hundred people with a hair 'do very similar to this...




I really hope all the real photographic evidence has been destroyed.

3 Thoughts on This:

Heather said...

Now, why is it that I don't see the problem?

I think the hair looks good!

;)

Bratfink said...

On you I'm sure it was adorable.

Tiff said...

Wow. I would think that look would be cute on you...