Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 7: Your BFF By Any Other Name, Will Still Try to Kill You

This post? I didn't tell you the best part of the story, but only because I was saving it for today.

After that first break up over the "L" word, Jephie met Tam and Mehndi. In their wise upperclassman-ness,  they decided that since he was CLEARLY the sweetest guy ever, I must be a super horrible person. And they began to talk about me "behind my back". The reality was, they were doing the put your hand in front your mouth so no one can read your lips, but their fingers were spread out and they were talking loud enough for me to hear them.

The direct quote was:

"Did you hear about that Sara girl? She is such a bitch."

Thus began a life long friendship. Why or how, I'm not really sure. It makes no logical sense that we would become BEST friends after that. However, we are not the most logical people I've ever met.

Over the last decade, Tamara has tried to kill me by driving into a tree. She's helped me move out of my college dorm room in a Camaro. We've been together through bad relationships and good ones. She was the maid of honor at my wedding. I named my daughter after her. If we don't talk for weeks at a time, it's okay, because we can do that.

I miss her very, VERY much and can't wait until we live closer to each other again.

3 Thoughts on This:

Heather said...

Awww...everyone should have a friend like that. :)

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love it! :D

Tiff said...

I need to meet this person who would try to kill you and survive the effort...LOL! Great story.