Monday, August 09, 2010

Day 5: My Definition of Love

Whenever I think about the "definition" of love, I think of the conversation in 10 Things I Hate About You, where Bianca is talking to her friend that goes:

Bianca: "There's a difference between like and love; I mean, I like my Sketcher's, but I love my Prada backpack."
Friend: "But I love my Sketcher's"

and Bianca's reply: "That's because you don't have a Prada backpack."

I don't love my husband the exact same way I love my Kitchen Aid mixer. Nor do I love sleep the same way I love my children. My definition of love is different depending on what or who it is that I love. But there is one constant in the entire situation. Love and hate are exact opposites. And I don't use either word loosely. I mean it every time.

Even if I am only talking about my love of sweet potato casserole.

2 Thoughts on This:

Tiff said...

This was great, Sara...I never thought about it that way.

Heather said...

I love this. You said the same thing I was trying to say, but way better.

I do have to draw the line at sweet potato casserole.