Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 24: What Makes Me Cry?

Holy eff salad sandwich.

What makes me cry? Really I should tell you what DOESN'T make me cry. It's probably a shorter list.

I'll give you the short list. The things that ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS  make me cry.

This music video makes me cry. An ugly cry, if we're being specific.






Having chocolate milk every August 24th in honor of Joe-Joe makes me weep.

Reading in the school newsletter that there will be a "Boo Hoo Breakfast" on Zeph's first day of kindergarten makes me get misty eyed.

Disappointing people makes me cry.

I also cry when I am mad.

The look my husband gives me when he's angry with me makes me cry. The problem with this one is, he has occasionally made the "serious eyebrow" look when he was NOT mad. So I cry over nothing as well.

When I schedule my life around the military, and then they change their minds and interrupt my plans, I cry, because there's nothing I can do about it. Complaining about things being unfair is useless around here and accomplishes nothing.

I also cry at weddings. But not funerals. Which, is a a little odd.

So, what I'm really saying, is that everything makes me cry.

4 Thoughts on This:

Unknown said...

I love, love, LOVE that Shedaisy song!

Tiff said...

I cry when I'm mad too. It's the first thing that happens, I think.

Bratfink said...

I only cry at some funerals. Young folks. Beloved folks, of course.

But yeah, a LOT of stuff makes me cry. Some commercials. Seeing people really happy [winning awards, being honored in some way, kids being way too cute, etc.] Weddings. I lose it every time. Just hearing the music sets me off.

I have to be really really mad to cry, but that's preferable to killing someone.

OH! And since the Emmys were on tonight I should mention that I blubber like a baby at the 'In Memoriam' moments at award shows. The Boy thinks I'm dumb to cry over strangers, but since we saw them on tv or in movies they weren't strangers.

Right?

Heather said...

I have already written my "what makes me cry post" so I think you'll be surprised, or not, on what I wrote.

I almost wrote that I cry at weddings. Last year, one of my friends was walking down the aisle and I couldn't stop the tears. But earlier in the year at my husband's grandmother's funeral? Not a drop. While folks around me were boo-hooing.

I blame the meds. And hormones.

But, yeah, I can (almost) cry at the drop of a hat.