Sunday, April 04, 2010

Paybacks are a...

Way back, before I was married and had kids of my own, my cousin Jennie had the only small person our family had inherited in quite some time. The youngest of my first cousins was 12 at the time. Needless to say, Bryce was a wee bit spoiled. It doesn't hurt that he is completely charming. (So spoiled in fact that Brat gave him his own set of keys to play with once because I was being mean and wouldn't let him have mine. And she's not even related.) 


For his first few birthdays, the parties were large gatherings, and of course we all made sure the present pile was taller than he was. On his 2nd birthday (or Christmas, I don't remember which) I found the PERFECT present. A toy drum set. With real metal cymbals. Needless to say, it was not a smash hit with his parents. But I had said, many times before, that I was going to do it. 

Within a couple of weeks, the entire thing was destroyed. Which, for MY sake was probably a good thing. But I don't think I've been forgiven yet.

Today, a package arrived for the Zs. This package contained the normal Easter time stuff Jen sends them. Clothes, stuffed animals, and little baskets full of goodies. But it also contained new weapons. Batons full of sparkles and water. 

Jennie maintains that she bought them because they NEED them. However, I am convinced her methods are  clearly based on the fact that she is out for revenge.

 

3 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

How does she feel about big rubber spiders and snakes? Bwahahahaha!

You DID tell the Internets on me! But at least it was for doing something nice. I must have taken my meds that day.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Too funny!

Steph

Tiff said...

Have fun!