Friday, November 13, 2009

I Don't Think I Told You...

So, a week and a half ago I was in a "wreck". I say it like that, and rather flippantly to be honest, because really, I bumped a car while pulling out of a driveway. Oh yes. I ran into a parked car. And our landlord saw me do it. (I was leaving his house.) He had me go do what I was doing (picking up Paulo from work) and when we got home, he took me to "talk" to the guy. I actually said like, 4 words to the guy. Since I know about 12 words in German, and 6 of them aren't really good to use around mixed company... Arno and Black Opel Driving Guy talked about me, to my face, and I had no clue what they were saying. Usually, if I want treated like that I have to go get my nails done. After giving the guy my insurance info, and apologizing for knowing absolutely no German, he said: "It's okay. My English is not so good." Jerk. At least I made an effort. Anyway! Tonight Paulo got a call from the insurance company, asking him about a letter they received from a lawyer about an accident our Passat was in with a black Opel. He stared at me blankly for a minute, before telling the lady that it was MY accident and handing me the phone. I haven't decided if I'm glad I paid the extra on the policy for the accident forgiveness or if I'm annoyed that the accident that is using said forgiveness was one that shouldn't count as an accident to begin with!

1 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

Well, I have to say, when The Boy gets into accidents they ARE accidents.

I feel so bad for you for this. :(

ANY accident sucks.