Thursday, January 01, 2009

Last Year Stuff

I stole this from Aunt Becky. Cause she's awesome. And these were good.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

There was a lot of things I did in 2008 that I have never done before, but I don't really have anything that stands out in my mind. I welcomed my husband back from Iraq for the first (and hopefully last) time. I also celebrated my fifth wedding anniversary, never did that before.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any resolutions, because I knew I wouldn't keep them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes. And I was there! :)

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My grandmother. And it's not okay and not fair.

5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

More time? But I don't think that's gonna happen.

6. What countries did you visit?

I visited Indiana. That should count as another country, but it really doesn't. Other than that, I stayed put in the mountains.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:

September 17th. The day Gram died

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I got my daycare license back, and that in and of itself is the biggest achievement for the year.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Oh goodness, we shouldn't even go into this, but...(and I know this is hard to believe for those of you who know me in real life) I didn't say half of the things I should have said.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Lots and lots. 2008 was my sickest year to date.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My Sony Cybershot H9. I took 6000 pictures from April through December.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Mine. I was extremely well behaved last year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Um...this is a weird question. Because I could answer this so many ways. With people I know, with celebrities. With that lady in town who just got convicted of killing her three kids, and even though they had concrete evidence she swears she didn't do it...

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills. Bills. Bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Hubby coming home from Iraq, the Twilight movie, a Christmas where I didn't really have to do anything, I could go on and on and on.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Photograph by Nickelback, Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band (not just because *z* said SHE was a little bit of chicken fried. It is my new home sick song.)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? I am happier AND sadder. Gram died, and we are moving to Europe this spring. Such conflicting things.

ii. thinner or fatter? I actually am the same size I do believe. Which is not a good thing.

iii. richer or poorer? Um, sorta richer, but poorer at the same time...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Playing outside with my kids.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Yelling. And letting things annoy me.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spend Christmas however I feel like spending Christmas!

21. There was no #21.

21 was a good age. That's how old I was when I got married.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Not really. I've been there a while.

23. How many one-night stands?

If I said more than I remember would you believe me?

24. What was your favorite TV program?

I have many favorites. Burn Notice (which comes back in two weeks!!!), House, Grey's Anatomy, and Pushing Daisies, which unfortunately got cancelled :(

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I have no energy leftover at the end of the day to hate anyone. So no.

26. What was the best book you read?

I read 4 really great books. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. The Twilight series.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

The soundtrack of Avenue Q. I love it, it makes me happy.

28. What did you want and get?

A new camera, and my daycare license.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Oh dear. The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Twilight they are my top three.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you (optional)?

Tiffany and Erica brought me chocolate covered strawberries, and the next week, Holly and I went to the Melting Pot. I turned 26.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Losing more weight. That would have been fantastic.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Jeans and a tee shirt or tank top.

34. What kept you sane?

LMAO. I am not in anyway shape or form sane. This is too funny.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I must admit, yet again, that I have a bit of a crush on Dave Ramsey. He has a great speaking voice.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Gay marriage, even though it wasn't an issue where I live I can't see how letting same sex couples marry makes MY marriage any less "real" or sacred. What other people do has zero effect on my feeling for my husband. And it's not my place to force my religious beliefs on other people, because I don't want others to try and do that to me. I've been there done that and I hated it.

37. Whom did you miss?

The most? Gram. I want to call her all the time. And I can't. And that sucks. But I also miss my family. Even though this time next year they will be 4000 miles farther away than this year.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

I didn't really meet a lot of new people this year. But I have new internet friends. And they are all great.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:

God will NOT give you more than you can handle. Except, it's not always just YOU who has to handle it. Sometimes, he gives you things you need others to help you with. And when he does that, the people who can help are already in your life.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"Look at this photograph...every time I do it makes me laugh..."

3 Thoughts on This:

Party of 5 said...

Why did all of this just make me want to bawl like a baby?

Anonymous said...

I don't WANT you to leave.

You suck.

I mean that in the best possible way.

Aunt Becky said...

" 6. What countries did you visit?

I visited Indiana. That should count as another country, but it really doesn't. Other than that, I stayed put in the mountains."

Now I know why I heart you. That's the weirdest state EVER.