Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How I Try To Kill My Family

I hate to clean my oven. In the apartment, we had a "self cleaning" one. I LOVE running the oven at 800 degrees for hours. It's so fun! Here on base however, we are not that lucky. We have self cleaning ovens, if by "self cleaning" you mean I do it myself. When we were moving out of the old house, before Hubs left for the sandbox, I sprayed the oven with Easy Off at around midnight. I then however, proceeded to FORGET about it. Leaving me crying and blubbering and cleaning it at 830, after the housing people called me out on it. (I had not slept in 36 hours. I was a mess anyway.) On Saturday, I sprayed the oven before I went to bed. I discovered I hadn't cleaned it out when I went to make dinner last night. AFTER I thought I had thouroughly cleaned it out, I started it to make dinner, and ended up flooding the house with easy off fume free fumes. It is NOT a lovely smell. Now, I have thouroughly WASHED the oven (with hot water) there is still a slight odor. But dinner is cooking, and I'm fairly convinced we won't be poisioned if we eat it. Have you tried to kill your family today? If you haven't you're slacking!

3 Thoughts on This:

Bloggin' Mama said...

I have dork moments like this all the time! Don't worry, you are not alone.

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahaha!

I do stuff like this constantly. No, really, I do.

Party of 5 said...

Yeah I'm seeing a pattern develop here. I think the girl's need to live with me now.