Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why I Can Never Live Alone Exhibit 4,576,981

The other night, the girls were asleep and I was up late doing what ever it is that I do (mostly that means I was watching stupid reality television). I got up to go to the bathroom and discovered the door was locked. This isn't an unusual event in and of itself, until I tell you the door can only lock from the inside, and it must be closed to do so.


Since I knew *I* wasn't in the bathroom, and the girls were snoring loudly, there was only one very logical and reasonable scenario. 

Someone had gotten a ladder, climbed to our third floor window, cut through the screen , and crawled through the very small window that is in there. All without making a peep. Or knocking down the candles from the window sill. 

It took me 15 minutes to work up the nerve to unlock the door, and that was only after I grabbed a pair of safety scissors to protect myself from the menace who was most certainly waiting just inside the door for me to walk in. 

Even after I wasn't killed or kidnapped right away, I had to make sure to check the tub (still with my plastic blunt edged scissors) before I was fully convinced I'm really just an over imaginative lunatic. 

I really should stop being such a drama queen.*

*In my defense, I still have yet to figure out just how the heck the door got locked. the only screwdriver we have that can turn the lock from the outside was high up on a shelf that the girls couldn't have possibly gotten to. And I know they didn't because they have never in their lives put something back where it goes without me having to nag them.  

2 Thoughts on This:

Tiff said...

I'm telling you - gnomes! It's freaking GNOMES!

mandi said...

F***in Hilarious!!!!!!