Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Knight in Shiny Armor. Or a Tin Foil Mummy...

It's no big secret that I don't like old people.

There are a few exceptions, but as a whole, they are not my favorite group of people.

Today, I have to add another exception to the rule.  An elderly gentleman and his wife walked into the burger place right in front of me. Of course he held the door for his wife, but he also continued to hold it open for me. When this kind of thing happens, I usually try to get a hand on the door and let the door holder go in front of me. This guy wasn't having it.

He looked at me and said:

"Miss, chivalry isn't dead just because most of the people who learned it are."

(This was even more awesome for me because of Heather's post last week.)

4 Thoughts on This:

Uncork and Unwined said...

Aww, thats awesome! So nice of him! I definitely wish more people were like that.

Tiff said...

That is epic. I love it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Mrs. V said...

Adorable! I love this story, it made me smile! :)