Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 12: Ultimate Comfort Food

Only one comfort food? Since this was my idea, I guess I can't complain too much, right?

If I had to pick, just one, I would have to go with chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes.

However, I have not eaten them in a very very very long time. (Mostly, because my intestines have decided that gluten is of the devil) When I think about my childhood however, I remember the containers of noodles in our freezer. The ones Grandma made from scratch. And even the ones she made with noodles from the frozen food section.

Noodles have always been served at Christmas and Thanksgiving in my family. And Easter too. So they remind me of a time when everything was perfect, and it seemed as though my family was very functional.

I look back now and see that really, we're just functionally dysfunctional. But we eat well. So it's all good.

2 Thoughts on This:

Tiff said...

Yummmm...

Heather said...

That sounds good. Is it weird that I have no food that takes me back to some time in my life, therefore gives the whole meaning to "comfort food?"

I have issues.