Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 17: I Remember...

My favorite memory.

I don't really know that I have a favorite memory. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't have just ONE favorite memory.

If I had to pick though...I'd have to go with the big family campout back in like, 1989/90.

It was myself, my dad and mom, sister, some aunts and uncles and cousins, and fake aunts and uncles too. We had fires, made pudgy pies (pie filling toasted between two slices of bread over the fire), laughed, fished, and in general made the most of that summer.

I don't really remember a whole lot about the trip. I do remember that is when the name "Uncle Jimmy Fart-Fart" was made up, and it stuck for a few years. Mostly, to distinguish between my two fake uncle Jims. I remember my mom laughing around the fire, while (probably) picking on my uncles.

We made the most of that vacation, and I am so glad we did. It was the last trip we would take with my mom. We didn't know it would be, but we sure lived like we did.

2 Thoughts on This:

Heather said...

Wow, Sara. So much emotion packed in just a few words. I just want to hug you.

Tiff said...

Seems like humor is the tie that binds your family together...that is just so cool. My eyes welled up some too, reading this. I can't wait to finally meet your mom the other side of Heaven. Seriously.