Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Scream, You Scream!

Over the weekend, I picked up a few boxes of candy canes for a nickel with the plan to make some peppermint ice cream, since I couldn't get any Schwann's this winter. (For Christmas, we got the Kitchen Aid ice cream maker attachment.) So today, I gave the girls hammers, baggies of candy canes, and instructions NOT to hit each other.
We then fired up the mixer and whipped up some ice cream base. Milk, eggs, sugar, and of course...
...lots of heavy cream.
I attached the ice cream maker (which resides in our freezer, no ice and salt required)
Added the base...
And 20 minutes later, we had the equivalent of soft serve.
Which tastes fantastic...
And a few hours later, for dessert, we have the fabulous homemade ice cream.
Which I may have to eat without sharing. **If you own a Kitchen Aid mixer, I highly recommend this attachment. I am an idiot, and it is so easy to use that I almost didn't need to read the directions. Almost.**

3 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

Oh man oh man.... that would tempt me to have some!

Aunt Becky said...

If I had that, I'd probably weigh 847236 pounds. But I'd be happy. SO happy.

SarahHub said...

Oh, I need that attachment. And while I'm needing things, I need that ice cream you made, too...