Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What The World Is Coming To...

I have a morning routine that involves reading of frivolous websites. I make it a habit to attempt to only waste time before we start doing everything else we have to do during the day. Like, school, and laundry, and thinking about mopping the floor.

One of the sites is Texts From Last Night. It is a site that is full of unacceptable things that people text their friends while inebriated. Each text is listed by the area code it was sent from, and when I see area codes of places I have lived, I cringe thinking that I might have driven on the road with these morons.
However, as of late, I have actually learned things from the idiots who wind up on that site. The other day I read that the guy who plays McGee on NCIS is Thackery Binx from the movie Hocus Pocus. (That being my little sister's FAVORITE movie.) Then yesterday, I got an IM from Brat about the mermaid girl passing away. While I chatted with Brat about it, I clicked on TFLN and saw that that was one of the texts from the night before. If she hadn't have told me I would have found out 5 minutes later anyway.
So now, not only is there a place where drunk texting ends up on the internet, this is also a place I am getting my news.
Oh the age of technology...

1 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

I hate that TFLN is getting to be my favorite site these days... LOL

The Boy said, "So what's new on Texts From Last Night?"

He NEVER asks about the LOLcats.