Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh Em Gee!

My husband informed me of something I really wish I would have known two weeks ago. During a practice PT test, he passed out during the mile and a half run. On the side of the road. Fell over. Completely blacked out. He says he woke up to his coworkers yelling for someone to call 1 1 2. They offered to take him to the hospital to get checked out via ambulance, but he declined, came home, and I took him to the ER. He found out yesterday that this incident wound up in the base newspaper police blotter! While the incident was scary, it really wasn't a big deal. But, there were still 3 ambulances and a fire truck sent to the scene. Personally, I think that's a bit of overkill. Paulo wants to know how they justify spending the gas for all of that. And really? A fire truck? That is the part I just really don't understand!

3 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

Well, they are paying those dudes to do SOMETHING. May as well send 'em out for some weirdo laying on the side of the road as anything else.

So the AF has slow news days too, eh?

LOL

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahaha! A firetruck!? Really? I'm not laughing at his misfortune because that sucks, but what were they gonna DO? Fight a fire? Get him down from a tree?

Bratfink said...

"Get him down from a tree?"

I'm ROFLing over that one!