Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Letter to the Oma

Dear Oma Next Door, Guten Tag! Sprecken sie Englisch? Nien? Gut, Nien sprecken Sie Deutsch! Tchuss! Sara See that lovely little letter up there? ^^^^ That is almost the full extent of my German vocabulary. It says "Good day. Do you speak English? No? Good, I don't speak German. Bye Bye! Sara" I have a few more words up my sleeve. None of which lead to any kind of conversation. Unless you want to know my favorite color. (Rosa, if you must know.) The only time I feel like a "tourist" around here is when the Oma next door tries to talk to me. After the "Hallo"s, I got nothing. So I spend all that time smiling and nodding. She could tell me off and I would have no idea. However, now that I think about it, it would be a perfect time to try the "What kind of thing can you get away with saying as long as you smile?" experiment...

2 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

Oh Lord, that's what *I* would do! ROFL!

"Why yes, I DO think you are an asshole!"

SarahHub said...

Might be fun to try...