Friday, October 30, 2009

Almost As Cool As Pirates...

One of the things people who traversed to Germany before always talk about are the Kinder Eggs. Banned in America by the FDA because they put a capsule in the middle of a chocolate egg. Federal law stipulates that non food items cannot be placed INSIDE food items. And after I learned this law, I realized that prizes aren't in cereal boxes anymore, and that that is probably why.

So Kinder Überraschung are not allowed to be sold in America. Which means we are eating our fair share of it while we are here! Each egg shaped chocolate has a small capsule inside it containing the Uberraschung (or surprise). Lately, our surprises have been tiny viking men. This is Torstein. He looks like he might be the village idiot. Here we have Vidar. He's got arm issues.
Together, and with Snoore (who plays a harp and is not pictured) they guard our DVDs.
Because really, miniscule vikings are TOTALLY going to keep someone from stealing our Stargate: SG1 collection...

3 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

So, that's what they do with the deformed toys? Put them in candy?

Bloggin' Mama said...

I LOVE Kinder eggs!! I have a friend who was an exchange student in my high school my senior year that is German and we have been friends ever since. Every year for my birthday/Christmas she sends me a box of great German goodies!! I have a gallon ziploc full of the toys from the eggs over the years!

Aunt Becky said...

I swear that we miss out on all the cool stuff living in the States.