Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Never Ending Battle

It used to be, I could fix a meal and know that the girls would only eat certain parts of it. *Z* would never eat the green part, and the only thing *z* didn't like was lettuce. Now however, it seems they only want to eat what the other claims to hate. This past weekend alone *Z* asked for olives on her pizza, ketchup and spicy mustard on her corn dog, honey instead of jam on her PB&J, and no cake with her strawberry shortcake. Little Z proclaimed that she hates olives, spicy mustard, honey, and she can't eat strawberries without cake. Big Z likes tomatoes, so Little Z hates them. Little Z likes bacon, so Big Z hates it. (This almost got her disowned!) Big Z likes peas and carrots, so Little Z will only eat carrots. Last night, when they both proclaimed they hate red and yellow peppers, I had a glimmer of hope. But then Big Z decided she only likes green ones. I can't win for losing!

3 Thoughts on This:

Aunt Becky said...

My kids are impossible. They hate EVERYTHING. Trust me, I'm not being coy: they eat the same thing for dinner most nights. When I can get the 2 year old to eat at all.

*sighs*

Am. So. Tired. Of. Eating. Issues.

Bratfink said...

I used the same 'eating issues' method my mother used on me with Bratfink Jr.

I make one dinner. You take it or you leave it.

Next meal is breakfast.

Bratfink Jr. had no eating issues.

Faerylandmom said...

That is just confusing...