Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Her Priorities...

We want our kids to grow up to be great adults. I don't know many people who want their sons to grow up to be on Tool Academy, or their daughters on Rock of Love 75. I do know that one thing I want to teach my girls is that it isn't how much something costs, so much as what something is worth. They are two separate things. Having very little to do with each other. Which is why, Big Z made me so happy when she declared a book written by a friend to be her "most favorite-est thing". Crumpled and a bit beaten up, but worth more to her than her Leapster. I'm not doing so bad after all... (And it's one of the cutest letters I've ever read. But I could totally be biased...) "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much." ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

6 Thoughts on This:

Aunt Becky said...

I'm not crying, yo, I have ALLERGIES.

Faerylandmom said...

I don't think you're biased at all. :-D

Bratfink said...

I almost used that quote in my post the other day, but when I reread it I thought, "I don't need it." But it's one of my favoritest quotes.

SarahHub said...

Oh. So. Sweet!

Heather said...

Presh-US!

The Women's Colony said...

Someone has their priorities straight.--Jenn