Thursday, February 19, 2009

1-800-Whatthecrap

I am a lucky mom. My kids are easy to please for the most part. And they are not at all spoiled. (Shut up, I heard that!) When we go to the BX, I can take them to the toy aisle and they won't ask for anything, until we walk past the puzzles. Then they go nuts. They are more likely to get a $3 puzzle from time to time, then the expensive toy that they will play with once and lose. They will play with puzzles for hours. And hours. And they fight over them. It's wonderful. *Z*'s favorite type of puzzles are the big giant floor puzzles. Her favorite one being this one from Melissa and Doug. On Friday, we took a road trip to Denver to visit the Lakeshore Learning store. And I found a new puzzle. And *Z* loves it. I like it too, it's got enough pieces to challenge her, but it's not so hard she gets frustrated and gives up. This is the puzzle. I love that it's not cartoonish. I am not a big fan of giant cartoon puzzles. Okay, I'm not a fan of cartoon anything. So when I can find "princess"y stuff that isn't splashed with Disney characters, or weird drawings of people with big heads and giant dresses. This is how big the thing actually is. The only thing that I have a complaint about, is that I think they expect you to throw away the box. Because they put the customer contact information ON the puzzle. I hope the kids don't lose THAT piece. I'd hate to lose the Melissa and Doug comment hotline number!

3 Thoughts on This:

Wings said...

I agree with the un-Disneyfied princess stuff. <3 and that puzzle is pretty. I'd totally rock putting that together with the girls.

Anonymous said...

I concur with the preference for non-Disney as well. It's just not worth the money...

I let the gparents deal with that.

CUTE puzzle...

Anonymous said...

the isa cool