Thursday, November 13, 2008

With Friends Like That...

I started this post so long ago, that I don't remember what Erica and Holly said to me that made me remember this particular day. But they were mean, and so this is the story from my past that shows I'm always friends with the mean girls. (Even if I am the meanest of them all!) Down the street from my dad's house, on the way to my friend Jephie's house, there is a little side country road. One night, while leaving Jephie's house, my friend Tam and I saw a flashing white light that looked to be on top of radio tower. But radio tower lights are RED, so we had NO CLUE what this was. Being ever the nosey people we are we decided to follow the road, and see just what this light was. We drove for about an hour, before I had to be home for curfew. We realized, at that point, we were LOST. No clue where we were. So a quick call to my dad, who worked for the state highway department, for directions (how this man EVER knew exactly what we were talking about is beyond me) got us home. However, we were NOT done with this adventure. A few nights later, we filled Tam's car with the five of us who were really good friends, and took off to find the light. It took us three hours, and we finally found it. In some field, in Walnut Grove, Indiana. I am still not sure if Walnut Grove is on a MAP of Indiana. On the way to the light, we just kept "driving towards it". There was no direction, and by the time we found it, we didn't know which way was which. We didn't even attempt to find out where the thing was. It was literally down a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, and we were POSITIVE a murderer lived in the shack at the foot of the tower. (We were 16, what did we know!) Trying to find our way back home became the real adventure. No one had a cell phone, and we could only guess as to which way "town" was. We drove around and finally found some houses, randomly at first, and then it was almost like a couple little neighborhoods. Looking for a house that had people awake at 1130 at night, on a Sunday I believe it was, became the next mission. The first house we arrived at, had a bunch of dogs milling around, none that looked "harmful". Christy and I were the ones sent to the door. We didn't make it to the door. We could see in the windows, and there were several animals taxidermied on the wall, and a few dogs chained to a tree that started barking and flipping out. This set the other dogs into a frenzy, and Christy and I couldn't get back to the car fast enough! Once we did though, we found that our "friends" had already locked the doors to the car and were ready to just leave us. This wasn't enough. We then decided to stop at a nice, friendly looking house. Again, Christy and I were sent to the door. This time accompanied by Mehndi. We knocked on the door, and it was never answered. We could see lights and the TV on. A teenage boy popped his head up from the couch, and never answered. What teen boy in his right mind, or his wrong one at that, wouldn't open the door for three real hot chicks? One with huge boobs? Who ignores that????? Stupid hillbillies!!! The third house we stopped at was MUCH more helpful. There was a party going on so drunk people were going to be REAL helpful! The owner of the house came to the door and we had the following conversation with him: Mehndi: Can you tell us where we are? Guy: You're in Tipton. Why? Mehndi: Can you tell us how to get to Shantyville? Guy: Sure! Where are you coming from? Me: (quietly, while not looking directly at him) Shantyville... The guy IMMEDIATELY starts laughing like it's the funniest thing he's heard in a long time. And after calming down a bit, gives us directions on how to get back. Even after all of that, I still had to call my dad and ask him for directions from a gas station. Again, where I thought we were going to be killed. We made it home. And the next day at ...band practice... I got to tell everyone how my "best friends" tried to get me killed. With friends like that, who needs enemies?!

5 Thoughts on This:

StacyRenee said...

girl you are to funny. just think of the trouble we could have gotten into together as kids :)

Party of 5 said...

OMG ROFL. I so need to know now what Erica and I said to make you remember that. I don't recall a convo about getting lost, being killed or drunk guys....well recently that is. LOL

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahaha! Good one, dude.

Wings said...

OMG! >.< I love that you were brave enough to go knocking on strangers doors at night to ask for directions.. Come do that here with me sometime, k?

OK AND FYI!!! You were the third person to know my ship date =D <3!

Bratfink said...

I remember this story. You told it to me once before.

You crack me up because I laughed at it again!