Sunday, October 19, 2008

HOW much butter?

While I was home for Grandma's funeral, we went and looked at things that she had "hidden" in her apartment. I was really only looking for a piece of jewelry, and her knitting needle bag, but I just discovered I have in my possession, the HOLY FREAKIN' GRAIL of recipes. Gram was the head baker at one of the high schools in our town for 22 years. That's a lot of brownies (and broken cookies that she smuggled home for her grandkids to devour later). I have the binder that she had the recipes in. I took it to type some of them up, not thinking that it would be the school cookbook. But in this binder is a copy of the only recipe that I know I will make. The ROLLS. The Hubs' step grandmother makes a similar recipe. But knowing that I have the actual recipe, the one that is really used, it would be impossible for me to part with this old index card, that was definately typed on a typewriter. The funniest thing about this binder however, is that all the recipes are scaled to serve a high school cafeteria. The brownie recipe makes 960 brownies, and calls for 14 POUNDS of butter. No wonder those things were so good!

4 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

AHA!

Now I undergettit...

Wings said...

Well, between you and me, we can eat all of it.

Aunt Becky said...

I loves me some butter. Yum.

Noah said...

OM NOM NOM NOM BUTTAR