Saturday, August 16, 2008

It wasn't THAT good...

So, tonight Holly and I went to dinner, to celebrate my birthday and her 4.0 GPA!!!! (Way more exciting than my birthday!) So here's the evening in a nutshell. First, I had to decide on the shoes I wanted to wear. So I opted for the cutest ones I could find two of. Which were these.I love this picture because my legs look really long, and my belly looks really flat. It's fantastic! But the shoes, make my big feet look small, which is also good. Because big ol' clunky feet are not a great fashion statement. These are the ones I got for The Hub's graduation from Airman Leadership School. I love them. This is a terrible picture, but I had to share the weird drink I highly enjoyed with dinner. It was a Strawberry Basil Lemonade. It was made with lemonade, strawberry Smirnoff, and basil. Something at the Melting Pot makes me try new food. (First place I ever had apples and cheese, and even capers.) It was really good, pretty, and odd at first. The flavor was sooo good. The only GF cooking broth on the menu is the really long word, Bourguignonne. It's plain, so it doesn't have a bunch of flavor, but the dippers are good, and are supposed to all be GF. (Our waitress was GREAT about the whole gluten thing.) Isn't it weird how we went OUT to eat, but cooked our own food? This kinda bugs me about the whole thing, but it's so stinkin' good, I let it slide. However, there is one thing that I cannot stand. Loud annoying drunk people.This lady, seen here, coming back from the bathroom. was drunk before she even sat down to dinner. That's not a problem for me. (I'm 26 and have drunk parties at my house that result in broken baby gates.) The problem I had was that I could hear everything that she was talking about, and that she was practically THINKING! I must tell you, this lady really really really enjoyed her food. The "When Harry Met Sally" scene has NOTHING on this lady with a pot of melted cheese in front of her. We were embarrassed for the guy she was with. And she was STILL drinking. Three drinks while she was there. (I know that she couldn't think of the candy that comes in a plastic wrapper. Duh! Everyone should know THAT one...) It was so bad that Holly went and asked that someone say something to her. I guess you aren't allowed to tell people to shut up in a restaurant. But they didn't say we couldn't stab her with our fondue forks. They couldn't move THEM but we could go sit at a bar table if WE wanted. Which seems ridiculous to me, because we were there first. It was so bad, I had to order a drink to go with my dessert. A Nutty Irishman. It was yum. While we were having dinner, Holly's evil Oreo encrusted marshmallow contaminated a banana slice. This is the banana with the evil on it. Do you see that? It's crazy. Damn regular eaters! I shall leave you with a brief video/sound clip. If you can't understand it, the LOUD voice you hear is crazy drunk lady. Talking about someone I don't know, nor do I care to know about. I came up with a plan to make her shut up, and Holly is on the phone to Chef asking for ideas. My idea was the best I think. Crazy Lady Sound Bite

3 Thoughts on This:

Party of 5 said...

Dude you totally need to add the pic of me with my forks...LOL right below your comment about the fondu forks. LOL

Inspite of the crazy lady I think we enjoyed ourselves. I mean come on IT'S US! Can we expect anything else. LOL

Faerylandmom said...

That's awesome...

Aunt Becky said...

Dude. Now I am completely craving some Melting Pot. For serious.