Friday, August 17, 2012

Birthy Birthdays

Sunday was my 30th birthday.

I thought my favorite birthday present was going to be my iPad.

Turns out, that was just something that came in handed for when I got my real favorite present.

The best birthday present I got was that my son waited until 4:32 the day AFTER my birthday to be born. 

We needed him to wait until after 8 pm on Sunday, so that he was able to take full advantage of the steroids he was given for lung development. 

So, Zander Filipe arrived via C-section on the 13th, weighing 3 lbs 7 oz and was 15.6 inches long. 

Because he was born at only 31 weeks 5 days, he is currently rooming at the NICU with a plethora of nurses who are almost as smitten with him as we are. 

I mean, how could you not be in love with this face?!





2 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

You know my feelings!

Congratulations to all!

Love you guys!

Christy said...

Welcome to the world baby Zander! Wish you would have baked a little longer, but we are glad you are here and safely in the NICU! :) We love your family a lot and can't wait to meet you. We love you already, and we haven't even met you! You picked two pretty awesome parents and your sisters are pretty cool, too. You might not think that for a while, but just wait. You will have so much fun pestering them and following them around. Get stronger so you can go home, little dude!