Saturday, October 02, 2010

Day 16: What I Read

Watch me play catch up today!

***********************************
Today I'm supposed to tell you what my favorite book, magazine, and poem.

Hmmm...

I like a lot of books. I don't know that I have an absolute favorite.

There is one book, however, that haunts me. I have read it from cover to cover probably 8 times. And each time I bawl my eyes out. This is not a big enough deterrent, because I keep reading the book over and over.



"First They Killed My Father" by Loung Ung.

My favorite magazine is Women's Health, though from looking at me you'd never know that.


(I'm going to pretend my abs look like that!)

My favorite poem by Shel Silverstein. It's not profound. It's not deep or meaningful. It's just plain fun. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Oh, I'm being eaten
By a boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor,
And I don't like it--one bit.
Well, what do you know?
It's nibblin' my toe.
Oh, gee,
It's up to my knee.
Oh my,
It's up to my thigh.
Oh, fiddle,
It's up to my middle.
Oh, heck,
It's up to my neck.
Oh, dread,
It's upmmmmmmmmmmffffffffff . 








3 Thoughts on This:

Heather said...

I think I am going to have to find that book and read it.

And really? Shel Silverstein? Because you KNEW that is the poet I was going to list. Isn't it? You were just trying to beat me to it. Now it will look like I copied you.




(I am totally just kidding. I am not mad.)

But I really am going to post a Shel poem. Reason number 3,563 that we are one-in-the-same.

Bratfink said...

And Ogden Nash!

God in his wisdom made the fly,
And then forgot to tell us why.

Tiff said...

I've never read that book. Or heard of it. Hmmm...