Sunday, June 20, 2010

This Post Has No Title Because I'm Just Not Feelin' It Today...

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, I do seems "weird" to the people who know me. In their defense, I did once have my dad mail me a box full of Indiana sweet corn. And there's the whole gluing my pants to my leg, and also many years ago I stabbed myself in the neck with a helium tank. I seem to attract the "unusual", which makes the "unusual" my usual.

This fact is how I knew that asking my friend Clark to call flower shops for me, to ask them if they had any idea how to incorporate bubble gum into a flower arrangement, would not phase him one bit.

As expected, he didn't even bat an eye before agreeing. (Well, he could have batted his eyes. I asked him via Facebook chat, so I couldn't actually see him.) 8 hours after our chat, he messaged me again, with a phone number of a flower shop that said they knew exactly how it could be done. He then said he had called a bunch of other places and the people all treated him like he was nuts.

After speaking to the lady Clark told me to call, I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed in the flowers the family would receive.

And I wasn't.




4 Thoughts on This:

Heather said...

That is perfect. And too precious. Big Kudos to that flower shop. And to your friend Clark for taking care of you. :)

Bratfink said...

Now I'm crying...

Tiff said...

I can only imagine the smiles this arrangement are going to bring. (Holy crap, I'm crying, and I didn't even know the guy.)

You're awesome.

Melody said...

*big smile* and *tears*

I love that florist lady. It IS perfect.