Thursday, January 07, 2010

You Capture ~ 2009

Last year was an amazingly awesome and completely horrible year for me. Two extremely conflicting emotions. But, instead of me whining about it, let me show you what I mean.

January ~
I have no photographic evidence that January 2009 ever happened. January happened and then in February, my laptop died. Taking the pictures with it.
February ~
There was the computer crash, so I discovered my newest love. The one thing other than my kids and my dog I would grab if the house were on fire.
It also brought the croupe to our house. And Zoe got her first taste of how life being my relative will be, when she was in a fight with a parking lot.
And I purchased the coolest puzzle ever, during an hour long trip to the Lakeshore store in Denver.
March~
The days that myself and fellow daycare providers dream of starting in late September. The return of days warm enough to take the kids to the park without putting on 7 layers of clothing.
March also took us to a performance of Disney On Ice.
April ~
April, however, found us at a bittersweet crossroads. Although I had only been doing FCC daycare for less than 6 months, I had to close. But not before the Easter egg hunt I help organize got "snowed out", forcing us into the gym.
Easiest egg hunt ever.
We also celebrated Easter for the last time with a handful of our dearest friends. It would be the last holiday we spent with them. The food was amazing. And I am not above flying back to Colorado for every holiday that involves ham, so long as Holly's husband is cooking it.
May ~
An era of our lives ended in May. We packed up to leave Colorado, to begin a new adventure in Germany.
And I had to say goodbye to the first bunch of friends I made as an adult. Of course there was food involved, and maybe a little alcohol, but there really is no other way. This picture is a sad one, no matter how happy (or drunk) we look. I miss these girls tremendously. We've been through a lot together.
May also brought us our "yearly" visit to Indiana. To a place that is home, but is not home.
I also got a new sister in law. One who is closer to my age. And instead of congratulations, I told them it was about time. Also, I banned them from having kids for three years minimum. And then we ate cake.
May 2009 marks the first time I have ever caught a fish in my entire life. I think my mother in law must be good luck.
June ~
Our long vacation came to an end, but not before I learned that with a prickly pear, an old knee high, and some good old fashioned ingenuity, you can make a really pretty margarita. And serve it in a Christmas glass, even if it's not Christmas.
Then we boarded a few airplanes, and arrived to our new home.
Germany.
July~
We moved into a large beautiful house, with amazing landlords. Who adore my children.
And even fed them ice cream.
August ~
I had a birthday. I got chocolates, roses, and wine.
And the sun didn't set until 10 pm.
We had our first "visitor" when Aunt Becky's business card stopped by. Zoe's love of baby octopi was also discovered, when she ate most of Paulo's appetizer.
September ~ The Zephina turned 5. And we played at the park in the village a lot to make the most of the last warm days of summer. October ~ We had an uneventful October. Paul worked late a lot, and we just sort of hung out. And carved pumpkins. And then went trick or treating. November ~ The first of the month brought us our 6th move in 6 years. And we spend our first Thanksgiving with no company. Or traveling. It was just the four of us, but was just as delicious as Thanksgivings past. December ~ Always our busiest month of the year. We have Zoe's birthday, an apartment to decorate, chores to do, and Christmas to celebrate. Our anniversary is also in December, and we celebrated being married for 6 years. Which is amazing for me to think about. It doesn't seem that long ago, and yet, it feels like it's been longer. I'm not sure what 2010 is going to throw our way, but I'm pretty sure we can handle it!

8 Thoughts on This:

Aunt Becky said...

That puzzle is AWESOME. Happy New Year, loves.

Alita said...

Loved the jeans on head pic! Thanks for sharing.

Faerylandmom said...

Sat and smiled through this whole post...I miss the heck outta you...

Diana Lesjak said...

Mother in laws are lucky... just ask my son in laws!!! Fun post! Happy New Year!

jaime said...

I'm exhausted looking at your pictures - you had a very busy year!

Candi said...

sounds like a busy year! i love the pictures...hope 2010 is great!

Unknown said...

Wow. What a year you have had : ). It looks like it was filled with adventures. Your girls are ADORABLE! I totally love the German rooftops house picture. So great!

SarahHub said...

What a year!

And I love the puzzle. And I'm drooling over the laptop.