Friday, January 01, 2010

Gutes Neues Jahr!!

I am a huge fan of New Year's Eve. Previous years have found me celebrating in various ways, some years loudly with family, other years loudly with friends, and sometimes quietly with friends. Some years we drink glüwein, some years I lose my shoes at the homes of people I don't know, and other years we've played a few cut throat games of dominoes. And I can't forget about the year that we welcomed midnight on the side of the road with a flat tire. And these are just the New Year's celebrations since I"ve been married! The only constant over the last 6 celebrations is that I haven't seen the ball drop in Time Square live. Which, is weird for me, seeing as how for the first 21 years of my life I lived in a state in the Eastern time zone. It always seemed funny to me that other people, in different places in the country were watching the event with "previously recorded" on the bottom of the screen. Our first married New Year's, was the year of the flat tire. Then we moved to Colorado, and I was one of the weird people with "previously recorded" on my tv screen. Now, however, we will usher in 2010 a full 6 hours before anyone in the US, and at this point there is no "recorded using a time machine" feature, so we miss out yet again. I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day, and if you are partying, have a drink for me. I'm sitting at home all night, and could possibly be asleep when 2010 gets here. Also, learn from my mistake, and if you party, try not to lose your shoes!

1 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

Love ya!

I have no teevee, so I'm not gonna be watching no balls drop either.

But I'll definitely have a drink for ya. How does a Kahlua mudslide sound?