Monday, November 23, 2009

Not Jewish Either...

I just became friends with my friend's momma via Facebook. Which is weird, and yet completely normal at the same time. I'm really wondering if my generation isn't going to have even MORE therapy bills because of Facebook. (I discovered many moths ago that a distant relative was a fan of "rough sex". I did not ever need to know that.) Anyway! When I saw this particular name come up in my email, I was reminded of one of our first conversations.
Some guy that I was "talking to" (I am still not really sure what this term means) told her I couldn't date him because he wasn't Catholic. Why this would matter is beyond me. Since I'm not Catholic either.
For the next year or more, every time I saw her, she would do the sign of the cross, and say bless you my child. And every time we would all catch the giggles. I'm fairly sure that it's really not THAT funny. But at the time, it was hilarious.
Hopefully I will be one of those moms when my girls grow up.

2 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

I win, btw.

You didn't post every day.

:-P

Heather said...

I will totally be one of those moms. And since we are living the same life, you will be as well. ;)

If my mom got on facebook, I am pretty sure that the internet would burst into flames and never again be recovered.