Thursday, August 13, 2009

If Leopard Loincloths Are Your Thing...

Confession guys. Ready? I actually like to read. A lot. Like real books. With pages not made of cardboard, That have more than 10 words per page. It's my guilty pleasure. (And yes, I own the entire Twilight series. And I've read it. Twice.) I will read anything that catches my eye. Cover art is a vital part of my book selections. Even though I am well aware of the "do not judge a book by it's cover" golden rule. But when I am wandering the store, and catch a peek of a book cover like this one, well, I tend judge that book by it's cover.

(Taken at our BX. Near the children's book section.)
This, um, interesting book caught my eye. And it's not the half naked guy in tree pose, wearing nothing but a leopard loin cloth. (It was the romance section) The part that caught my eye. That made me truly question the SANITY of some people, and gouge my eyes out? It's the title. But that's a lie. It's not the entire title. It's the Roman numerals. The Roman numerals indicating this is the SIXTH Sexy Beast book. And um. Um. Uh. Not wanting to keep this for a secret much longer, I told Holly about this book. And she wanted to see proof. So she searched Amazon for it. (Googling was out of the question. Cause, um, uh...) Now, Holly read the whole book review at Amazon, and me? Yeah. Not so much. (You can go read them for yourself.) What I gathered however. Is that the book is about paranormal bestiality. And this my friends, is why I judge books by their cover. And now. Go visit Aunt Becky, and tell her what she should read. I'm gonna recommend "Sexy Beast I". Oh yes. I am.

3 Thoughts on This:

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahahaha!

I hope that you faxed me a copy.

Faerylandmom said...

Way too hilarious. And kinda gross.

SarahHub said...

Even if you wanted to read this (and I DON'T, I swear!) would you ever have the guts to walk up to the counter and buy it???