Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Sparkly Banner

I mentioned a couple of months ago that our children, and daycare children, know that when the Star Spangled Banner is played you stop what you are doing, place your hand over your heart, and face the flag. While sorting through some pictures today, I found proof of that my children are a little bit patriotic. This was taken at the end of 2008, you can tell by *z*'s hair. I still love this because the flag really is that way, and they did it without me saying anything to them. And they notice when they DO NOT hear the Sparkly Banner. For some reason (probably because of the ORI going on) they have not played it the last two days. And my girls are not happy. Note to the base commander: TURN IT BACK ON ALREADY. (It's how we judge our late fees for parent pick up!) **The Sparkly Banner played today. Life is now back to normal!**

3 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

I LOVE liddle kidlets in blue jeans!

Aunt Becky said...

I think the words should be The Sparkly Banner. Fits better.

(this comes from someone who thought that Radar Love was actually Red Eye Love)

(and I was sober when I thought that)

Faerylandmom said...

Who wouldn't miss the Sparkly Banner? Glad it's back on...