Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Impressive, but stereotypical...

Hoosiers are very proud of the fact that they can play basketball, very well. Two things you are supposed to love if you are born and raised in Indiana are basketball and Indy car racing. Guess what? I hate them both. My entire life, I have known that James Naismith invented basketball in 1891. It may or may not have been on the test to be able to graduate from high school. While trying to check my email earlier, I came across a phenomenal video of a high school junior varsity player (who was probably promoted to the varsity team after this shot!) A-freakin'-mazing! But really? Can't my home state figure out that hockey is much more interesting?

3 Thoughts on This:

Bratfink said...

I was never into basketball, but I used to watch racing because we didn't have cable and it was one of the three things to watch on tv at the time.

Well, when the weather was good and the wind was blowing right anyway.

Wings said...

I thought football too? When I visited, they told me if I wanted to go to school there, be prepared for.. whatever the name is where you have a parking lot party out of your trunk?

Heather said...

Ok. I am from Indy. I also don't care for basketball or Indy Racing.
I take that back..I liked the movie Hoosiers because it was filmed at the old High School close to my grandparent's house.

Does that count?