Saturday, December 06, 2008

News...

7 months or so ago, the Hubs came home, and told me he had gotten orders. From one base in our town, to another. A move that made his commute all of 10 minutes shorter. So we moved on base. Because it's always the best option for daycare when you aren't sure how long you'll be in a location. They told us two years. Guaranteed. Someone lied. Someone lied big time. We leave for Germany in 6 months. Which makes it okay to tell you that the government is moving me. I was going to tell you yesterday, that I am so lazy I planned on having the government move me from this house, to the new ones that are being built. It's approximately a quarter of a mile. And I was going to refuse to do it myself. So, now, I get my military move and it's NOT because I'm lazy. It's because we're moving far away!

4 Thoughts on This:

Bloggin' Mama said...

Oy! Gotta love the Air Force. That does seem extremely silly that they would PCS him over here and then PCS him again so soon..... What's his job?

So, are you happy about getting to go to Germany?

Wings said...

I am jealous- because I want to go... and mad at the same time because you will be on a completely different time than me. When will we talk?

And what the crap! Now we can't visit!!! For a long time!!!

Carey said...

holy crap. how's this make you feel??

Minister Mamie L. Pack said...

As a Navy wife and former Army "brat", I can totally relate to the ups and downs of moving. I think at this point I have it down to a science, but boy does it get tiring.

with blessings,

Minister Mamie